The Dirt on Kauai Red Dirt
Rain or shine — you WILL get dirty on the island. Kauai is famous for its technicolor red volcanic dirt. If the weather has been dry, you will get what is called a ‘red dirt tan’. If it has been raining, then you will get a complimentary mud bath treatment. Wet or dry, remember that Kauai red dirt stains absolutely everything. So, unless you are planning on making your own souvenir red dirt shirts in Kauai, please consider the following:
• Don’t bring or wear anything that can’t handle dirt, mud, or moisture. Leave your designer clothes and fancy shoes at home and opt for practical clothes and footwear.
• Pack light. The less you bring, the less you’ll have to worry about getting dirty or losing.
• If it’s raining, bring a poncho or rain jacket. Even though you’re in Hawaii, it can still get chilly when you’re wet and exposed to the elements.
• We’ll provide you with a complimentary souvenir bandana to help keep dirt, dust, and mud out of your mouth.
• Keep in mind that we’re not responsible for any lost or damaged personal belongings. If it’s valuable or sentimental, it’s best not to bring it on tour with you.
With these tips in mind, you can enjoy Kauai’s stunning scenery and outdoor adventures without worrying about the dirt. So, go ahead and get a little muddy – it’s all part of the experience on this beautiful island!